Turn-key Wind Measurement LiDAR Solution for Australian & New Zealand Wind Projects
Patent Pending Turn-key Wind LiDAR System, Patent Application Number: AU 2022901693
LiDAR Solutions specifically developed a portable wind LiDAR system that is easy to operate and relocate on site, which can be set up in about half an hour with 2 technicians after the LiDAR system arrives on site. It also comes with cattle proof capability, which doesn’t require to install extra fence. It can be used for our local wind farm projects (Wind energy assessment & forecast, and power curve validation tests) and atmospheric monitoring projects.
- Compact design, 7X5 trailer, light weight (less than 550kg), and high ground clearance. These features allow the LiDAR trailer can be towed easily under off-road conditions and lifted by helicopter when the installation location is not accessible;
- Multi choices communication method: 3G/4G by default, or upgrade to Starlink when mobile service is not available;
- Remotely monitorable and controllable for Molas B300 LiDAR. The LiDAR status, include operation status, real-time wind data, signal-noise ratio, temperature can be remotely monitored. The configuration for the LiDAR such as measurement heights & Email settings can be remotely configured. Even if the LiDAR system is frozen, the system allows the operator to cut-off the power and re-energize the system remotely to save trip to site just for rebooting the system;
- Intelligent power supply system with Lithium batteries. Solar system is fully monitorable, and the real-time, daily, weekly and monthly historic solar generation and power consumption are available;
- No clean fluid is required for LiDAR screen, no periodical service is required during 1 year measurement campaign;
- Less manual handling during setup, LiDAR is stored at the same level, just slide it out from storage;
- Alluminium structures for better anti-corrision performances, and enhanced solar panel supports and outriggers for improved duability.
The Architecture of the Turn-key Wind Measurement LiDAR System
Monitoring Features of the System
The turn key wind measurement lidar system can be monitoring from both local and remote. The status of the Molas B300 and power system can be accessed from anywhere of the world with internet, please find the general introductionb below:
Local Monitoring for Molas B300 LiDAR
Molas B300 can be monitored and configured with its client application, such as measurement heights setting, orientation compensation, Email addresses to receive the data, and data can also be downloaded locally. The status of the system like wind data, SNR, THP sensor readings can also be monitored locally.
Remote Monitoring for Molas B300 LiDAR
Molas B300 can also be monitored and configured with its web based remote platform, similar with the local monitoring app, the wind data can also be downloaded remotely and the status of Molas B300 like wind data, SNR, THP sensor readings can also be monitored remotely.